"i don’t think someone I don’t know following me without my consent, despite my explicit requests for them not to is worth involving the police."
"It is my responsibility not to be stalked, not someone else’s responsibility not to stalk me."
"if you didn’t want to be raped you shouldn’t have gone out"
Sounds quite similar no?
i’m tired of the top/bottom debate and i’m tired with people being downright rude and wilfully ignorant about sex in general.
you, anon who i am replying to, are not being rude! you are polite and friendly and i really appreciate it. i don’t want to publish the less-polite things i’m reading so i’m taking this opportunity to spell things out.
people in general, not specific to my fic/s but specifically within this fandom, have a lot of sand in their knickers about topping and bottoming
and tbh y’all sound like a bunch of virgins.
under the cut i’m also going to tell you to educate yourself, so first off here are some resources
- what is a dom (here, here, here)
- what is a sub (here, here, here, here)
- what is a switch (here, here, here)
- what is topping / how (here, here)
- what is bottoming / how (here, here, here)
- topping and bottoming (here, here, here)
- what is versatility (here, here, here)
- what is power bottoming / how (here, here)
- what does an abusive relationship look like (here, here, here, here, here)
- what is aftercare, subspace, subdrop (here, here, here, here, here)
- what’s a safeword, how is it used (here, here, here, here, here)
- This is by no means an exhaustive list of terms or resources!! you have the entire internet at your fingertips, use it :) Also do let me disclaim i am not the author of any of the above links, so i cannot promise they are perfect. they’re a good starting point though.
please take a minute to consider how the top/bottom debate is quite heteronormative; Although this might be an ignorant statement, I perceive strict top/bottom relationships to be a sad mirror of heterosexual relationships. The top has to be dominating because he is the “man,” while the bottom remains submissive because he’s the “woman.” (x)
ALRIGHT NOW THAT’S CLEARED UP, LITERAL ACTUAL TOPPING/BOTTOMING SPOILERS FOR THE JESUS FIC UNDER THE READ MORE